Frequently Asked Questions
IS GRATUITY INCLUDED IN MY CHARTER FEE?
Gratuity is not included in your charter fee. Customary gratuity is 15%.
CAN I BRING MORE THAN 6 TOTAL GUESTS?
The boat can only take up to 6 guests.
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE AT THE DOCK?
Please arrive 10 to 15 minutes before your charter begins. You will find the start time of your charter on your receipt.
WHERE DO WE MEET THE BOAT AND CAPTAIN?
The boat is docked at Oden’s Dock in Hatteras Village.
CAN CHILDREN COME ON THE BOAT?
Of course. We love Kids, and have 3 of our own. Please bring your own lifejackets for children. Safety is so important to little ones, and according to the US Coast Guard regulations they are required to wear a life jacket at all times on the boat. The life vest should be comfortable enough that they will wear it and fit them appropriately.
CAN I BRING A COOLER AND DRINKS?
Please bring water and drinks. Alcoholic beverages are allowed, but your captain reserves the right to stop serving if a guest becomes a danger or annoyance to the other guests.
You are more than welcome to bring snacks as well.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME ON MY CHARTER?
- Dress in layers for morning and evening charters. Early mornings and evenings can be chilly with the breeze particularly if you are wet from swimming.
- Sunblock and a hat are essential even on cloudy days
- Camera, phone, waterproof protection for your devices
- Please wear boat safe shoes or plan to stay barefoot. You may not wear street shoes on the boat.
- If you are susceptible to seasickness, plan to take motion sickness medication before your trip.
- Towels if we are doing a trip where we will be getting in the water.